Categories
Thursday, January 3, 2013
happy new year 2013!!!
Happy New Year everyone. I can't believe 2012 is gone but not forgotten, right? It was a year with lots of love, laughter and tears. Both my boys left the old year sick and entered the new year sick. Lex, had vomitting, high fevers and chills. Max, had a rash with blisters (not chicken pox) all over his body, when I say all over I mean between his toes and fingers, on his palms and bottom of feet, inside and out of his mouth, everywhere! He also had super high fevers (sometimes motrin and tylenol weren't helping), running nose and congestion with an infected throat. We were in and out of urgent care and emergency room with no diagnoses. I then took him to urgent care again because this whole thing didn't feel right and I was not satisfied with how aloof the doctors were acting. He saw a wonderful P.A. who diagnosed his with Coxsackie Disease, in other words it was Mouth, foot disease. On top, of that he had an allergic reaction to Amoxicillin. New medication was given for his sore throat and would you believe it worked. He wasn't completely back to normal but it was a whole lot better then before. Now his rash is drying and slowing diminishing. What a scarey time it was for all of us. just to see our beautiful little one year old sick and no one not knowing what was wrong with him. Lex, is better his fever broke yesterday when he was sweating like crazy after that no more fever nor was he vomitting. Having children is difficult but so rewarding when they are healthy. Now it's time to enjoy the new adventure this year will be giving us.
Labels:
Rant and Rave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad to hear that they are doing better :)
ReplyDeletethank you. Motherhood definately is not for the weak.
Delete